Monday 27 October 2014

Studies getting in the way of training

Weekly Summary 

Mon  -
Tue   - PM 9 miles (6:48m/m)
Wed  - PM 6 miles (6:59m/m)
Thur  - PM 7.3 miles (7.07m/,)
Fri     - AM 7.3 miles ( 5 at 6.04m/m and 2 at 7.11m/m)
Sat     - AM 6.16 miles (7:14m/m)
Sun    -

Total Mileage = 35.8 miles

So I missed my target of at least 40 miles for the week, but I do think I have an excuse.  I had to recertify a professional exam on Monday and was thus freaking out a bit on Sunday, and had my head in books all day.  Happy to say that I managed to pass the exam.

After the previous Sunday's awful run I decided to give Monday a miss. I was in fact suffering a little from DOM's and right achilles was somewhat tender.

Thursday was the first run I have run at lunchtime at work for what seems an age, good to get out to Canary Wharf and back, even though taking it easy.

Friday was the workout session for the week.  A jog to the gym and then a progressive run on the treadmill for 5 miles followed by a jog home.  The treadmill felt a lot harder than it should have, to think I ran this pace for 26.2 miles at Edinburgh but now it is taking its toll. Fitness is somewhat wanting, which is visible by the Heart Rate reported on this run.

Easy on Saturday, and missed out on Sunday.

Just read Matt Fitzgeralds book - 80/20 - That is 80% easy and 20% moderate to hard.  Looking at my training diary I think I maybe need to adjust these ratios.  I think I am probably at around 15% at the most for the hard sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment